intelligentsia.
in·tel·li·gent·si·a
-plural noun
intellectuals considered as a group or class, esp. as a cultural, social, or political elite.
(taken from Dictionary.com)
How many times have we read about top students in exams? Countless.
I've long wondered the secrets to their success. I believed that it could be due to nature or nurture. Maybe they're born with big brains. Or perhaps they're brought up in a very controlled environment where success is gradually fed to them.
However, I've finally discovered that it just boils down to one crucial factor:
want
when a want gains so much fervor and intensity, it inadvertently turns into a need.
and one would go through great lengths to fulfill that need.
and I've applied this simple theory to my gym sessions. together with proper knowledge and nutrition, I've only seen good results.
My point here is that you can apply the same theory to numerous situations, e.g. studies, smoking habit and any form of personal commitment.
So the next time you embark on an activity, ask yourself:
How much do I want this?
may you find success in your future endeavor. =)